NATIONAL COLLABORATIVE FOR INTEGRATION OF HEALTH & HUMAN SERVICES
- August, 2016 - The Medicaid Innovation Accelerator Program August’s commentary describes the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services' (CMS) strategies for sharing resources about reducing substance use disorders, including: (1) national webinars highlighting the most popular topics from the past year; (2) webpage resources including slides from our Targeted Learning Opportunity series; and (3) ongoing technical support and tools. To read more, visit the commentary page here: https://www.medicaid.gov/state-resource-center/innovation-accelerator-program/iap-commentary/cms-commentary.html
- August, 2016 - The Administration for Children & Families' Office of Community Services has released this new informational bulletin to provide guidance on using the Community Services Block Grant to provide services to children and parents together.
- August, 2016 - The Administration for Children & Families (ACF) released guidance about how State Commissioners can support ACF Strategic Goals around Two-Generation Approaches. Below is a letter sent to State Commissioners that describes ACF’s commitment to the two-generation, whole-family approach, and that highlights some current resources and ones in development in support of state and local efforts.
- August, 2016 - State Medicaid Director Letter (SMDL) on Mechanized Claims Processing and Information Retrieval Systems: On 8/16, CMS issued guidance to states and other stakeholders concerning Mechanized Claims Processing and Information Retrieval Systems. The letter provided information specifically to the Modular Certification process, recommended modules, modular acquisition, the role of the Systems Integrator, Independent verification and validation (IV & V), and MITA 3.0 compliance. This letter is the third in the series of sub-regulatory guidance related to the publication of the 90/10 final rule issued on December 4, 2015. The letter is available online on Medicaid.gov at https://www.medicaid.gov/federal-policy-guidance/federal-policy-guidance.html
- August, 2016 - The NC FAST: North Carolina's Approach to Integrated Case Management Webinar recording from the Tri-Agency Working Group of HHS/Administration for Children and Families (ACF), CMS/Centers for Medicaid and CHIP Services (CMCS), and USDA/Food and Nutrition Services (FNS) can be found here. A pdf of the slide deck is below:
National Collaborative Foundational Documents
- APHSA's Health & Human Services Value Curve Toolkit: Using the Human Services Value Curve framework developed by Harvard, the National Collaborative's Health & Human Services Integration Maturity Model and findings from our national scan of the states & localities, APHSA has developed a toolkit for state & local leaders to help implement the change required to improve health and human services outcomes. Click here to access the Toolkit!