Examples from the Field
State & County Spotlights
- Webinar -- Building a Better Service Deilvery System: Breaking Down Silos (10/19/15)
- Audio | Slides
- Summary: APHSA's National Collaborative for Integration of H/HS has made great strides in promoting strategies for h/hs integration. States are currently building a technology infrastructure to support this vision. Speakers on this webinar will focus on the human resources (talent), process, and policy aspects of integration using examples and case studies. Participants will learn how states are organizing their workforces to truly deliver services in a holistic manner and practical strategis to address process and policy barriers.
- Speakers: Mary Ann Cooney (New Hampshire DHHS), Amy Lapierre (Rhode Island EOHHS), Lindsay Hough (Deloitte), Elizabeth Bacon (Deloitte), Megan Lape (Ntl Collaborative/APHSA)
- Webinar -- Achieving Maximum Value from H/HS IT Systems: Critical Success Factors for Agency Transformation (January, 2013)
- State officials within the Tennesee Department of Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities, Florida's Office of Early Learning, and the Kentucky Office of Administration and Technology Services discuss their efforts toward sustainable transformation in health and human services systems including, leadership and cross-boundary communication, nimble technology, and the utilization of benchmarks and measurement.
- Complimentary Research Paper: Achieving Maximum Value from H/HS IT Systems: Critical Success Factors for Agency Transformation (APHSA/Microsoft, November 2013). Report discusses survey findings from 67 APHSA members from 35 states that identify human service agencies expectations, strategies, and practices that are used to plan, acquire, and implement their information technology systems. The findings indicate that the following primary factors are needed for successful development: leadership and cross-boundary communication; flexibility; and cost-efficient implementation.
- Webinar -- Transforming State and Local H/HS: New Business Models Part I (July, 2012)
- Audio | Slides - Moderated by Sherri Z. Heller, Senior Vice President of Human Services, Xerox
- Hear from the state of Indiana and Louisiana on their efforts, barriers and achievements through-out the reengineering of their transformed business models for their integrated casework projects. Speakers discuss how caseworkers rolled out changes as the vendor took over part of the business model and their experience of the transformation with and without computer systems.
- Webinar -- Transforming H/HS: New Business Models Part II (August, 2012)
- Audio | Slides - Moderated by Brian Howells, Associate Manager, PCG
- This webinar highlights efforst made in Minnesota toward the planning and design of a multi-agency enterprise system with a focus on the redesign of the business architecture and considerations for implementation. Additionally, officials from Massachusetts discuss their Integrated Eligibility System (IES) roadmap which was developed to guide the integration of human service programs into its IES solution to support an integrated service delivery model.
- Successful Partnerships
- Moving Up the Curve
- "Workforce and Infrastructure Issues" -- Heidi Welsch, Director, Family Support and Assistance Division, Department of Community Services, Olmsted County, Minnesota (PDF)
- "Human Services Department, County of Sonoma" -- Jane Wilson, Program Development Manager, Planning, Research, Evaluation and Engagement, Office of the Director, Human Services Department, Sonoma County, California (PDF)
- (Also see www.upstreaminvestments.org)
- Successful Partnerships
- Necessity of Business Process Reengineering in Transformation (2014)