Administration for Community Living (ACL), at HHS
- October 27, 2016 - Final Rule: Independent Living Services and Centers for Independent Living
- October 5, 2016 - ACL Announces Voluntary Guidelines, Funding to Boost State Adult Protective Services
- At the 10/5/16 Elder Justice Coordinating Council Meeting, ACL announced the first-ever voluntary guidelines for state Adult Protective Services (APS) systems as well as new grants to foster innovation in elder justice. The guidelines reflect the value of, and continued need for, an evidence base to guide the work of combating elder abuse. To that end, ACL is funding eight innovation grants totaling $3.3 million to support the development of knowledge and infrastructure in the areas of guardianship, elder abuse forensic centers, self-neglect, and combating elder abuse in Indian country.
Administration for Children & Families (ACF), at HHS
- August, 2016 - Strengthening Outcomes Through Two-Generation Approaches
- December 7, 2016 - FY 2014 Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) Report
- November 7, 2016 - ACF Releases Checklist for Comprehensive Child Welfare Information System (CCWIS)
- November, 2016 - Surgeon General Issues Report on Alcohol, Drugs, and Health: Facing Addiction in America
- October 25, 2016 - $3.09 billion in Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) funds released
- August, 2016 - Guidance about how State Commissioners can support ACF Strategic Goals around Two-Generation Approaches. Below is a letter sent to State Commissioners that describes ACF’s commitment to the two-generation, whole-family approach, and that highlights some current resources and ones in development in support of state and local efforts.
- Report – Using Administrative Data in Social Policy Research. OPRE, the Office of Planning, Research and Evaluation at ACF, published a report addressing the potential administrative data has in helping us answer pressing social policy questions. The report is available here.
Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ), at HHS
Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Cervices (CMS), at HHS
- August 4, 2017 - Final Rule: Medicaid/CHIP Program; Medicaid Program and Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP); Changes to the Medicaid Eligibility Quality Control and Payment Error Rate Measurement Programs in Response to the Affordable Care Act.
- July 19, 2017 - CMCS Informational Bulletin: Extended Use of the Targeted Enrollment “SNAP Strategy". Discusses the conditions under which CMS may approve waivers under section 1902(e)(14)(A) of the Social Security Act to authorize states to rely on findings from the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) to support Medicaid eligibility determinations at application and renewal for certain populations.
- June 30, 2017 - CMCS Informational Bulletin: Medicaid Managed Care Regulations with July 1, 2017 Compliance Dates, describing their intent to use enforcement discretion to focus on working with states to achieve compliance with the managed care regulations when states are unable to implement the July 1, 2017 requirements of the final rule.
- May, 2017 - Money Follows the Person 2015 Annual Evaluation Report
- January 18, 2017 - An Implementation Roadmap for State Policymakers Applying Mental Health and Substance Use Disorder Parity Requirements to Medicaid and Children’s Health Insurance Programs
- January 17, 2017 - Parity Compliance Toolkit Applying Mental Health and Substance Use Disorder Parity Requirements to Medicaid and Children’s Health Insurance Programs
- January 10, 2017 - Updated FAQ: Calculations for Objectives and Measures Requiring Patient Action in the EHR Incentive Programs
- January 5, 2017 - CMCS Inforamtional Bulletin: The Early and Periodic Screening, Diagnostic and Treatment (EPSDT) benefit for children and youth in managed care
- January 1, 2017 - The 2017 Spousal Impoverishment Standard becomes effective.
- January, 2017 - New Web Page: Access Monitoring Review Plans (AMRPs)
- Fall, 2016 - Released: 2017 Medicaid Managed Care Rate Development Guide
- November 30, 2016 - Final Rule: Medicaid and Children's Health Insurance Programs: Eligibility Notices, Fair Hearing and Appeal Processes for Medicaid and Other Provisions Related to Eligibility and Enrollment for Medicaid and CHIP
- November 21, 2016 - Informational Bulletin: Section 1115 Demonstration Opportunity to Allow Medicaid Coverage to Former Foster Care Youth Who Have Moved to a Different State
- November 9, 2016 - Request for Information (RFI): Federal Government Interventions To Ensure the Provision of Timely and Quality Home and Community Based Services (Comments due Jan. 9, 2017)
- November, 2016 - Handbook: Coordination of Benefits and Third Party Liability (COB/TPL) in Medicaid 2016
- October 25, 2016 - Final FY 2014 and Preliminary FY 2016 Disproportionate Share Hospital (DSH) Allotments
- October, 2016 - CMS Innovation Center publishes an Alternative Payment Model Design Toolkit (PDF)
- August, 2016 - CMS Informational Bulletin: Suggested Approaches for Strengthening and Stabilizing the Medicaid Home Care Workforce (PDF)
- Final Rule – Medicare and Medicaid Programs; Reform of Requirements for Long Term Care Facilities
- This final rule is effective on November 28th, 2016, and will revise the requirements that Long-Term Care facilities must meet to participate in the Medicare and Medicaid programs.
- September 6, 2016 - CMS awards consumer assistance funding to support 2017 Health Insurance Marketplace enrollment. CMS announced $63 million in Navigator grant awards to returning and new organizations. These awards will support local in-person assistance to help consumers navigate, shop, and enroll in the wide variety of Marketplace coverage options.
Office of Inspector General (OIG)
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Planning & Evaluation (ASPE), at HHS
Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology (ONC), at HHS
Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), at HHS